Sunday, September 9, 2012

Days 7, 8, 9

Weekend!
Friday went well.  I drank a lot of water (mostly because I had to be drug tested at work for a car accident I was in, oops). I believe lunch was salmon and fruit and supper was coconut chicken.  I ate a LOT of chicken this weekend.  I had a good friend coming to town so I made enough to have some leftovers for a few meals so I wouldn't be cooking strange foods the entire time she was here.
Breakfast Saturday was coconut chicken, lunch Saturday was coconut chicken with fruit, supper Saturday was grilled chicken, brussel sprouts, and fruit.
Breakfast Sunday was chicken and rice, lunch Sunday was chicken and rice, supper Sunday was sweet potato fries!  Like I said chicken, chicken, chicken.  Supper tonight was a nice break.  I wasn't super hungry, but figured I should eat something so I'm not starving in the middle of the night.  I had some roasted pumpkin seeds throughout the weekend and I tried to make some honey cinnamon almonds.  The taste is good, but they are so gooey (still are 3 days later) so I'm not sure it's a recipe I'd recommend.  I was in the mood for sweet tonight and made the sweet potato fries even sweeter than they naturally are by adding some maple syrup and cinnamon to the oil I used to lightly coat them in.  It was delicious!
Overall mood was generally good.  I was pretty excited to see my friend and spend so much time with her that may have something to do with the good mood!
Detox symptoms- my eyes are super itchy.  This may be a contact issue, seasonal allergy issue, or detox? I'm going to put new contacts in tomorrow or go without and see if that improves.  I had a super bad/weird stomach pain on Saturday night.  Not a normal GI issue sort of pain. It was kind of sharp and slightly reminiscent of the pain I had with the appendicitis, not as bad for sure, but not mild.  It was gone within an hour or two.
Oops of the weekend- I took communion at church.  This was a cracker smaller than a dime and a cup of juice smaller than 15cc. I was worried, but didn't have a reaction.  I don't think such a small amount will derail my progress too badly.

My mom made some seed crackers for me that were pretty tasty! I think they'd be yummy with some hummus.  Mom can you post the recipe in the comments?

Night!

2 comments:

Deborah Crane said...

I think the challenge this recipe presents is proper seasoning. Kelly - if you figure out something that works, let me know.

Endurance Crackers

These Endurance Crackers are extremely light and crispy while providing long-lasting energy. They are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and oil-free to boot! Feel free to change up the seasonings and spices as you wish! Nutritional info follows. Inspired by Chocolatree Cafe in Sedona, AZ.
Ingredients (22 large crackers)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup water
1 large garlic clove, finely grated
1 tsp grated sweet onion
1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Herbamare & kelp granules, to taste (optional)
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the seeds together. In a small bowl, mix the water, grated garlic, and grated onion. Whisk well. Pour the water mixture onto the seeds and stir until thick and combined. Season with salt, and optional Herbamare and Kelp granules, to taste. Add spices or fresh herbs if you wish.
3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet with the back of a spoon until it’s less than 1/4 inch thick. Not to worry if a couple parts become too thin, you can just patch them up.
4. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, slice into crackers, carefully flip onto other side with a spatula. Bake for another 30 minutes, watching closely after about 25 minutes. The bottoms will be lightly golden in colour. Allow to cool completely on the pan. Store in a container or plastic baggy.
Nutritional Info: (per cracker, makes 22 large crackers): 77 kcals, 6 grams fat, 4 grams carbs, 0 grams sugar, 3 grams fibre, 3 gram protein.

Kelly Rae said...

It was good with guacamole (avocado, garlic, red onion).