Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 4

Organic free range chicken.
It roasted for about 1 hr 45 min and now I'm making chicken stock which can take more than 4 hours.  Who has time for this? It should not be a week night dinner, definitely a lazy day Sunday sort of recipe. I don't feel like I even accomplished much because it yielded such a little amount of chicken (fryer bird).  I'm going to try to get caught up on all my e-mails as I wait for the chicken stock to simmer so I suppose I am accomplishing something. (the negativity of this section likely has to do with my mood...explained further below)

Breakfast was skipped (bad idea). Lunch was leftover salmon and cherries for dessert. (Still delicious, even nuked at work in the microwave!).  Supper was chicken.  I'm not really hungry for anything else right now.  Not much food, but the amount of protein has helped with my energy level.

My mood today was foul.  I couldn't shake it, and it was ALL day long!  It could be detox, it could be the first day at work after a vacation and/or coming back on the first of the month (a busy time for me).

I used this site because it was the first site that came up when I searched for "how to roast a chicken". It's pretty straight-forward. It also links to making gravies, stocks, etc.



1 comment:

Deborah Crane said...

I roasted a chicken, too. Lots of chopping for vegetables that went in with it and then more chopping of vegetables to add to pot for soup. Looking forward to having a go-to meal.