Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 1

Day 1. I slept in late.  
Breakfast/lunch was quinoa with blueberry syrup (which didn't quite cut it, but a sprinkle of fresh berries helped!)
Blueberry syrup recipe found at www.nourishingmeals.com.  It was edible and filling, but at this point I wouldn't say delicious.  I think I'll try it again in a week and see how my taste buds have adjusted.



Next meal was supper.  A healing quinoa and cabbage soup. Recipe found at www.nourishingmeals.com.  I like cabbage.  So it had that going for it.  I had to add some extra salt and pepper and that helped a lot.  I'll be eating this all week (the recipe makes a large pot).

 I wanted a snack so I tried raw pumpkin seeds. I ate a few then decided to toast some in some olive oil and sprinkle salt on them.  They made a good movie snack.

I also snacked on some cherries which were my favorite food of the day. And I made some fresh pineapple blackberry juice.  When I did the juice feast this was my all time favorite combo!  I added some sparkling water to make it "fun" but went a little overboard and it was too watered down.  I still have some juice left for breakfast tomorrow and will probably drink it straight.

I felt very tired all day. Likely related to caffeine withdrawal.  I stopped the caffeine 2 days ago. Yesterday I had a pounding headache, today was brain fog and a dull headache.  The thing I craved the most today was a soda.