I worked early today and I'm not a morning person so I had nearly no time to get a meal together before heading out of the house. I took some quinoa, cherries, and pumpkin seeds with me. Then I had a "brilliant" idea to mix the 3 together for eating. It was edible, but not something I'll do again. I actually like those 3 items better individually than together.
I got home and ate some left over chicken and then made the honey glazed salmon on the grill (forgot to take a picture again!).
All in all today was pretty good. I had enough energy and no detox symptoms that I could pin point. Wondering if I'm going to have that rush of awesome energy and feel goodness I did when I went raw vegan. I hope so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could we do this with ground almonds?
Rice Pancakes
1/2 cup ground cashews
1 1/2-Cup amaranth, quinoa or rice flours 1 1/4-cup water
1 tsp. baking powder 2 tbsp. oil
Combine dry ingredients, mix well. Combine liquid ingredients in small bowl, mix well. Stir into dry ingredients. Cook pancakes on preheated, un-greased, non-stick griddle or fry pan. When bubbly and brown, turn. As batter thickens, add water, a tablespoon at a time to keep cakes thin.
This has lemon, but sounds like it might be good without that:
crunchy root veg salad
Ingredients:
2 medium carrots
2 medium beets (I like to use both purple and golden for colour)
2 small-medium rutabagas (or turnips, kohlrabi, celeriac...)
Pomegranate seeds from 1 whole fruit
1/2 cup toasted mixed pumpkin & sunflower seeds
Dressing:
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP juice of fresh squeezed lemon
1 tsp maple syrup (grade B is best)
a bit of ground grey sea salt
Optional: finely chopped fresh dill or cilantro leaves
Method:
Peel all vegetables then cut them in half. Use mandolin on matchstick setting and prepare each of the vegetables. Toss in bowl with dressing. Add in pomegranate seeds, mix, then sprinkle with toasted pumpkin & sunflower seeds.
Post a Comment