Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 24- Nightshades introduced

Yesterday was day 24 and I got to introduce nightshades back into my diet! YES!  I made salsa (tomatoes, chilies, jalapeno, onion, garlic, salt, cilantro and had it with some chicken, guacamole, and leaf lettuce and it was quite tasty! And tomorrow I intro corn, so hopefully, I can have some corn chips with my mexican food too!
I haven't had any sort of reaction that I can notice.  No stomach pains.  I haven't really been paying attention to other symptoms, but I guess right now I feel tired (although it's after 9p).  I had a headache yesterday, but I'm near positive it was from too little water.
So things are going quite well!  I do think that I have a problem with fatty foods.  The cake with the frosting (made with fatty palm shortening) and the dark chicken meat with chicken skin- have been the 2 things that caused tummy troubles.  Maybe I won't have the gluten or lactose intolerance that I fear!  My brother suggested a blind study of drinking skim milk and 2% milk and having someone give me skim milk and then randomly changing it to 2% on me and see if I react.  Sounds like a sick science experiment.  I think I could find someone willing, just not sure how willing I am yet.
My new favorite recipe is a VEGAN, ORANGE JULIUS!
Ice
Concentrated orange juice
A little water
Almond milk
Maple syrup
Vanilla
Soooooooooooooooo good! I don't know measurements.  I just put in it what looks right and then adjust as needed.

No comments: