I woke up starving! So hungry! I ate some leftover quinoa and blueberry syrup I had packed for my trip. It definitely solved the rumbly tummy issue. For snacking I had more dried mango. Lunch was cherries and grapes and some amaranth seeds popped. (I ate a larger quantity this time and they were super dry so I drank copious amounts of water with it, kind of like popcorn in that sense too).
Supper...ah glorious supper. I made it back to Des Moines from my trip (to see my Great Aunt Elaine, who is absolutely amazing and visit my brother and his family, who are also wonderful :). I headed straight to Whole Foods without stopping home and picked up some wild salmon. I got home and made a glaze from some raw honey (my brother and his fam got me at the apple orchard...thank you!!!), some olive oil, and garlic. I heated up the grill and put some salt and pepper on the salmon. After the salmon was on the hot grill for a bit I added the glaze, cooked, flipped (took off the skin), added more glaze and cooked a little longer. Oh my wonderous loveliness! This was a winner! Delicious! And of course I had cherries on the side. I wasn't able to snap a picture before I gobbled it up, but I will make it again and try to get a picture...maybe tomorrow night!
Overall, I felt good. Only detox sign was needing to pee a lot. I also felt like my intestines were full of gas (ugh) but I think this was from cabbage/increased fiber. I'm anxious to see if this diet will actually clear up my GI issues. Almost everyday I have some sort of issue and I remember when I did raw vegan I felt like a rockstar for about a week until I went back to just a vegan diet. It was way too restrictive of a diet for me to stick to. I should have added foods in slowly, but didn't think of that at the time. If I can figure out what is the issue then I can either avoid it or just know that if I eat it I should expect some pain to come my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The salmon sounds good. I will have to try that. My ah-ha today was how good steamed broccoli can taste with just a little salt on it (and it may also have been the freshness of it - bought it at the farmer's market on Saturday) - I was really hungry by supper - ate later than usual. Still need to add some things in so I am not so hungry all day.
Post a Comment