Today I was in a foul mood again. I blamed it on detox (mostly because there was no reason I could pinpoint as to why I was in such a bad mood), however a friend asked if it was because I never am in a bad mood otherwise. And no, that's not true. So it could just be a bad mood or it could be detox.
I had some rice with a little chicken for lunch. Some freeze dried pineapple. A few toasted pumpkin seeds. And lots of water.
Supper was fish tacos! It hit the spot!
Lots of modifications and no yummy white sauce (if someone figures out a hypoallergenic recipe for that, let me know!)
Wild caught fish (I used salmon because it's what I had. But I'm sure there are other tasty options)
Red cabbage
Leaf lettuce
Avocado
Red onion
Garlic
Salt and pepper to season
I took one filet of fish and lightly brushed it with oil and put some salt/pepper on it. Wrapped it in foil and grilled it (about 5 minutes each side).
I washed 2 leaves of lettuce and these served as my "shells"
I made guacamole with 1 avocado, a few slices of red onion (diced), and a pinch of garlic and salt. (Mix well and let set for a bit for flavors to mingle).
I sliced the red cabbage and put some of it on the lettuce shells. I spread guac on them and flaked the fish on top.
Super good. And it filled me up! No more cravings or hunger pains for the night! I recommend this for several reasons- low cost, simple recipe, fast!, good tasting, filled me up! If you wanted to add another element you could probably toss some cooled, cooked quinoa in with the guac and add black beans (I was going to make some black beans simmered with cilantro, but I forgot to buy those at the store! Next time!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment