Things are pretty well back to normal. Just trying to find variety in the diet. I honestly don't remember what I had for Friday or Saturday. Likely it was chicken, sweet potato, grapes, almonds, brussel sprouts. These have become standards. My parents came on Sunday and my mom brought grilled chicken, lettuce, and grapes. I made a salad out of the grilled chicken and lettuce and the grapes were a nice sweet food. I've noticed more that I feel better when I eat vegetables, but I need the protein for energy and the fruit just helps curb a sweet tooth. Yesterday I tried a new recipe because I was wanting some comfort food. My dad used to make cheesy rice and it was good as a meal just on its own. I tried to make an allowable version using rice, rice milk, seasonings and nutritional yeast (which is a vegan food that is often substituted for cheesy taste in recipes). It was decent. Not the same as the original, of course, but it was warm, gooey, and starchy and that's what I was going for. Today I had leftovers for lunch and some grapes. Supper was another new recipe. I made a pesto sauce (basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper) and served it on warm quinoa. It tasted like pesto. Pesto isn't one of my most favorite foods, but it was a good change from the standards.
Not too much longer until food reintroduction begins! I believe the following order will be how I will reintroduce. There will be at least 3 days between new foods. So it will still be several more weeks until I'm at the end.
- Citrus
- Nightshades
- Corn
- Peanuts/Nuts
- Sweetners/Sugar
- Dairy
- Eggs
- Gluten
No comments:
Post a Comment